Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So, I woke up Saturday morning to Gina saying she was pretty 99.9% sure that she wanted to move back to New Orleans, which of course makes me SUPER excited. Although it probably won’t be until December’ish 2010.. I really believe in my heart it’s the right place to be. We’ve made it here in San Diego for two years and some, and we just aren’t loving it. At least we know we can do it here. We moved here without knowing one person, or ever being to the city before at all… and completely made it. That alone feels like a huge accomplishment.

It’s going to be a hard move.. and we plan on taking some time off in-between our lease being up in November, and the holidays, to visit Gina’s family and take a long road trip there to see everything in the middle and take our time getting there. We’ve done it before, and we can do it again.

New Orleans is my “home.” I miss the place, the people, my family, the feeling you get when you’re there, the togetherness, the festivities, and just the heart of the place. I’ve moved enough to know the feeling of missing the place doesn’t go away. I’m very, VERY excited to go back and Gina is too!

New Orleans, here we come… eventually =)

No comments:

Post a Comment